Thursday, August 23, 2007

Daily Beauty And Makeup Routine

That's a photograph of my female parent last summertime on a sail in Alaska. Mother is 84, 85 in December. Bashes she look it? No way! You ought to see her up fold - her tegument is flawless. She may have got a few "age lines" (Never phone call them wrinkles!) but her tegument is as (yep, here come ups another cliché) "soft as a baby's behind!"

They state those with medium and darker skin colors demo their age the least. Carnival skinned people be given to furrow and droop more, I suppose, owed to the waterlessness of their tegument and hair. So, I'm told. I don't have got any scientific research to endorse myself up. I bash have got a couple illustrations though.

Since I was adopted at birth, I am told my birth parents' ethnical background is Portuguese. I have got to take them at their word. I have got a relatively dark complexion, "olive" it's called. My blue-eyed, blonde-haired friends were always so envious that I didn't have got to sit down and cook all twenty-four hours in the sun to acquire a tan. It just happened - substance of fact, I preferred to remain out of the sun.

Growing up, my (adoptive) female parent was always squawking about taking attention of your skin. She said if you maintain getting tanned now, when you got older, your tegument would look like leather. (Freaked me out!)

She would always have got the best tegument products. Bash you retrieve "Furchgott's" section store? She would do a particular trip into town to travel to Furchgott's and have got the constitution lady urge products. Now, granted this is "back in the day" (the early 60s) when things weren't excessively prosperous. Yet she would travel place with a giant bag full of facial/skin merchandises totaling up in the dual digits!

And she would execute her "routine" religiously. Yes, she was a hard-and-fast Catholic - but one thing doesn't have got anything to make with the other. LOL

Now, here I am - just had my 49th birthday and am tripping out about my approaching 50th.

I've heard it said many many modern times "You don't look that old - you look like your in your late 30s or early 40s." Okay, give thanks you for the compliment, but that's no large whoop, really. I think I'll just have got to move little too! (pfft - as if I don't already!) I was quite the "hot tamale" back in my 20s! And if I knew then what I cognize now…well, that's another story.

So, I thought I'd share my "daily beauty/makeup routine, ritual, compulsion - whatever the lawsuit may be - with you. And I desire to hear about yours too. I've been "pulling a Mildred" (acting like my mother) on my teenager, Bree - constantly harping on her about taking attention of her tegument and feeding right. I desire her to see how of import it is.

So, here's mine:

  • Dove soap or cleanser
  • Maybelline Medium to Dark Brown Eyebrow pencil (I lost my foreheads in 1976 and have got been drawing them on every twenty-four hours for the past 30-some-odd old age - no, I don't desire tattooed eyebrows! Imagine how you'd look when you're really old and senile - with these dark superciliums and some snow-white hair! Ew!)
  • Moisturizer/lotion (Oil of Olay, but I prefer apparent ole Jergens - don't ya love how Jergens smells?)
  • Base: Screen Girl "Ultimate Finish" (liquid pulverization makeup, #420 creamy natural)
  • Cream concealer (yellow - fells bags under eyes; visible light and dark beige for flaws & contouring)
  • Powder - L'Oreal "True Match" (nude beige/beige)
  • White eyeliner pencil (under brows, outer less corners of eyes)
  • Dk brownish or achromatic (soft) eyeliner pencil - interior less lids
  • Dk brownish supercilium powder
  • Lip line drive (usually dark mauve)
  • Blush (shades from peach tree to coral)
  • Lipstick/lipgloss
  • No comments: